Origami Heart Origami Heart

Vocaloid ; Nice ! I would love to give a try to it (damn poorness :P).
I like all the piece in general, but the intro got the highlight for me, it was like Teminator meets anime.
Nice structure and despite the contrast between the different parts all sounds in place.
You Nailed that late 80's vibe on those synths.

EDM364 responds:

Ah, I'm glad you like! That's a high compliment in my book. I'm not very talented with Vocaloid yet. A friend gave me her files. She quit using that and MMD a long time ago. The entirety of the structure is carried on a lyric poem I wrote a few months after my dad passed and I was starting to suffer symptoms of schizophrenia, more than likely stress induced. Took those lyrics, gave them meter, wrote the entirety of the melody, and designed the rest of the track with that in mind.

Road To Victory Road To Victory

Great work man !
You composition is very good as well as as the instruments and overall feel of the piece.
It could get more strength and "epicness" by giving more presence to the background percs and a bit less to the snare, and maybe a crescendo on the end. Some extra reverb may help too.

Earel responds:

Thanks !
This track is just a test for an other on wich i'm working since two weeks now (i missed some idea)
But your advises are helpful
Thanks again

Crown of Thorns Crown of Thorns

The strong points on this piece are : the composition, the overall idea, and the vocals.
The weak points are the sounds of the piece, the synth work seems in order, but the 2 (maybe 3, I'll get to that later) parts of it that feel really soft are the guitar and drums. Even if your guitar isn't the best available, those "power chords" could use more presence. Those drums really need some power to get in tune with the rest of it. A trick you could do the get some extra punch and reinforce your guitars it's to change the bass for a more rock-ish one and add some overdrive to it.

EDM364 responds:

Good points. Although I would like to point out that those "powerchords" are quite literally the grand total of 10 or so hand-pieced samples because I can't afford Kontakt. If I had Kontakt on the other hand it would be a lot better. Working on this. What I will probably do is get a rig to record guitar and do it myself, unless RealFaction beats me to the punch

Gone WIP Gone WIP

So far, so good. I didn't knew you had such vocal range.
The lower and mid notes go really well with the rest of the idea.
I'm not so sure about the higher voice, it gives to the vocal melody a sweeter vibe, but I think (just based on personal taste) that range of notes would be better suited for another synth line, maybe as background to contrast with the rest of the instruments and reinforce the melancholy on this piece.

EDM364 responds:

B2 - E6, why thank you ;) Although I ordinarily don't sing that high unless I have no other option, such as when I have no one else to sing for me. I don't have much control in my head register, which you can probably hear here. I sang the vocals before I wrote anything else, starting with that high register, intending to reference right about where children whine and cry -- you don't see them belting out Barry White, basically -- and that's right about where my voice goes when I get really upset. It just so happens I was pretty upset and that was where my voice wanted to go. I might take a look and see about better spacing and contrast though. Maybe different sections more naked. Alone, the acapella sounds quite sweet but twisted, as you mentioned. It's something that merits more tender attention than singing at 5 AM before bed, for sure, lol.

Thank you!

Byzantium Byzantium

Gotta love that sub-bass !
The Byzantine scale works great with the Trip-hop vibe on this track.
Nice use of the space, all instruments have their own place. A "grand finale" would be nice to have, but not really necessary.

EDM364 responds:

Oh wow, that was quick. Thanks for the feedback! Glad to know I'm doing something right :)

Twenty and Three Twenty and Three

Nice track man. (º- º ) \m/
When using a beefy distortion, watch for your delay (and reverb) levels, if they are too high, they make your guitar sound dirty specially on palm muting.

Septyrikon responds:

Thanks a lot for the response! I did add some reverb to hide some small mistakes.Tbh I should probably re-record some of the samples, but I got lazy. I see what you mean though, I might go back and re-do some stuff down the line. Glad you enjoyed it though!

Nautilus Nautilus

Nice track !
All from composition, instruments mix and structure sound good to me.
A bit of extra low freqs would be a nice addition to this track to increase the deepness and the somewhat claustrophobic feel it has.

poinl responds:

The moments above water made me feel the most uncomfortable. Guess I have gills.

No Sun Waiting For You No Sun Waiting For You

Even if (as fellows before me pointed) its repetitive, I like this piece a lot.
It's very simple, but still immersive, so it doesn't feel monotonous at all.
Love that "lo-fi-esque" e-piano !

MysteriousPresence responds:

Hey thanks for the review friend !
Wait this is like my oldest song, why do you even listen to this ? XD
Glad you liked it, even if I think it's not that good (compared to my recent tracks), thanks again ! <3

Requiem For A Dream (Remix) Requiem For A Dream (Remix)

This song is hilarious, so 5 stars for a good laugh :P

Earel responds:

Dude you're awesome x)

The Madness of Everything The Madness of Everything

Great work dude !
Other than being a bit too short, (leaving me wishing for more) I like this track a lot.

demon1000 responds:

Thanks LexaHergon. Sorry if it was too Short, i have Been busy with work. . .